yes here I am.
THIS WEEK:
So Missionary Leadership Council was great. Many of my homies were there. I don't have pictures from that on this email because the internet is giving me grief. Maybe another time.
My testimony of fasting was really strengthened this week. First of all, we had a mission fast for Sister Thompson this week because she was very ill and had gotten shingles and a variety of other problems. She had to go back to the states for her mother's funeral. Well the day after we finished the mission fast, Sister Thompson was feeling way better and she has been returning to normal health and is coming back to South Africa to spend the last month with us before President Thompson and her go home. I had a more personal experience too. Almost two years ago when I was with Elder LaHue we were teaching a lady named Florence in TY. Florence and her son were preparing to be baptized and after she went through some traumatic events, she started avoiding us and disappeared. Before she disappeared, Elder LaHue and I had a fast with Florence. At MLC I found out from Elder Lewis (which is a tender mercy in and of itself that he happened to bring this up) that Florence turned up in Botshabelo and found the church there and told them she needed the gospel in her life again and is going to get baptized with her son. It really is a miracle.
Some primary children destroyed a spicket at the chapel earlier in the week and so they had to shut off the water to the chapel. Thankfully for us, the repair guy from Durban was able to rush down during the week to fix it so we could have water again for our baptisms.
The baptisms were great too. The Khumalo kids (Londiwe, Pakamani, Andiswa, Amahle, and Lusanda) were all interviewed and ready for baptism and they were very happy this Sunday to finally make that promise with God. Ma is going to be married later in the year sometime and will probably be baptized shortly after to join her children.
All is well here in Ezikhaweni. Have a great week.
Elder Hinnen
Comments
Post a Comment