Photos compliment of the mission blog
We also had a great experience during my exchange with the assistants. I left the house in the morning and Elder Lopez was going to the appointments with Elder Kamara, so I had a few hours to fill and I wasn't exactly sure what where we should find or what we should do so I prayed to be where God needed us. I had a thought to go check up on this one lady a bit far from the chapel, so we walked there and she wasn't home. As we were walking back to the 80% area, I passed a street that looked good for tracting so we started on it and every house along the street had a locked gate until we got to the end of the street. The gate of this final house was also locked, but Elder Ostler was just tall enough to see over the gate and he called a worker over who let us in. We went to the door and started talking to this one girl Thando and she wasn't really interested, but as we were leaving, I asked her what her surname was. She said "Chonco" and Elder Ostler asked if she was related to someone that he was about to baptize in Umlazi (about 3 hours away in a large township). Turns out it was her cousin and they are pretty close. So we left with a return appointment and after that, I guess she called her cousin in Umlazi, who called Elder Kamara. He and Elder Lopez were in one of our member Nomcebo's house and Nomcebo actually knew the Chonco family quite well. It's amazing to see what God can accomplish through small and simple things.
We have been able to start teaching these three girls and their uncle. Two of the girls are coming to church and very prepared. They have read the pamphlet between lessons and taken notes. They are coming to activities. Also Vuyiswa is still doing great and will be baptized soon. She is excited and urging her sister, friends, and neighbors to come to church. Vuyiswa's friend Phumzile also came to a relief society activity and to church the next day. I am excited for these sisters.
I hope everyone's week is top notch.
Comments
Post a Comment