Pictures:
1. Elder Silva (one of many sad goodbyes)
2. President and Sister Thompson
3. Throwback to one of my first days on mission.
Well its over now. Zone Conference was yesterday and I gave my final testimony to the missionaries there. Tomorrow I go to the mission office and Thursday I get on a plane. Crazy stuff.
I suppose this is my opportunity to do some reflections on my mission as a whole.
Along with an increased world view that comes from living in another culture for two years, I have been able to understand how to live happily- something that I feel many people may never truly know how to do. Happiness comes by aligning ourselves to true eternal principles. These principles are taught in the Lord's church. Whether in the form of parable or sermon, they are principles that are just as observable in the world around us as gravity or photosynthesis. Simple principles such as "sacrifice" or "avoiding pride" can add worth to our mortal probation and offer us the same joy that our Father in Heaven experiences.
I have very personally been edified by teachings of the prophets and I have been able to receive clear concise direction from God through the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I have felt personal growth through the hardest times and it has made me very aware that God intends to refine us, even by fire. I have been able to draw upon the strengthening power that Jesus Christ offers to those who humble themselves and desire happiness.
God doesn't change. I have seen that His love towards His children (us) is just as infinite as it has always been. His son Jesus Christ still leads and directs His church through living prophets. God also still speaks to man through His Holy Spirit. God still does many miracles. Where there is faith in Jesus Christ, there are miracles. God desires us to become as He is and Jesus Christ has revealed to us eternal principles that when lived, bring lasting joy and help us become like our Father in Heaven.
The relationships that I have made during these two years are invaluable and a source of strength to me. I have been inspired and I feel as though the trajectory of my life has been changed forever. What a blessing it has been to sacrifice these two years to perform the Lord's work and grow closer to Him.
IN CONCLUSION
10 out of 10.
<3 Elder Hinnen
Comments
Post a Comment